Account Service Intern
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital, social and creative teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we’re a happy band of “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done – we’ll always prove you wrong!
Marcus Thomas is looking for an intern to join our Account Service team. This is a spring, paid internship. As an Account Service Intern at Marcus Thomas, you won’t be forced to make coffee or pick up dry cleaning. But you will assist the team with all account management activity and learn new skills that will prepare you for a career in advertising. No two days will ever be the same!
- Conduct competitive research on trends in various markets
- Give detailed direction on things such as work orders, eJobs, etc.
- Aid in helping to keep advertising calendars/ schedules updated
- Help to open jobs
- Aid in the development of PowerPoint presentation decks for internal projects and client-related work
- Assist with distributing mailings and the creation of agendas, conference reports and meeting notes
- Assist in tracking projects throughout Account Management, Creative, Production and other communities of practice within the agency
Candidates must major in marketing, advertising, communications or another related field, and could be a recent graduate or in their senior year of college. Previous internship experience is helpful, but not required.
Successful candidates will:
- Be passionate about advertising and marketing communications
- Able to clearly communicate (in-person, on phone and email)
- Display an eagerness to learn
- Pay attention to detail; be able to multitask
- Display a “work hard, play hard” attitude. (A good sense of humor helps too)
- Be willing to proactively take on a variety of assignments
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude