Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Responsible for delivering innovative, compelling, coherent software solutions for our consumer, internal operations and value chain constituents across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the creation of discrete business services and their supporting components. Designs and builds test framework to test the end-to-end solution on the validation of the product. Requires knowledge of best practices in the areas of design, development, and testing. Brings collaborative ideas on testing improvements shared among different test groups and organizations. Requires knowledge of writing and running automated tests with direction from the Software Engineering Manager and/or Lead SDET. Follows best coding practices and methods identified by the team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Reviews and translates requirements into functional and technical test cases and implements them for thorough test coverage.
- Creates integration test plans for smaller projects. Creates tests which ensure application functionality, including up- and down-stream interfaces.
- Uses testing frameworks to ensure quality software solutions. Assists in the design and implementation of testing frameworks.
- Utilizes experience with frameworks and/or tools such as Robot, Cucumber, Watir, SoapUI, etc. Designs to build automated test suites to validate business and technical requirements.
- Analyzes test case failures to identify points of failure in the most product features and capabilities. Uses independent judgement to resolve issues and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborates with other technical teams by assisting in troubleshooting the most complex technical or end-user scenarios.
- Adheres to coding and testing standards. Follows established best practices and provides recommendations for improvement in both standards and practices. Leads the code reviews for peers and makes necessary adjustments. Contributes to coding standards.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to effectively manage one or more projects and the tasks associated with the projects.
- Ability to execute complex queries to analyze data.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of one or more source/version control systems. Understanding of branching strategies and merging. Familiar with Distributed Source Control.
- Demonstrates advanced, deep and broad knowledge of the entire API suite, knows many from memory.
- Ability to lead projects and contribute to complex initiatives.
- Ability to estimate and deliver projects on schedule.
- Ability to be self-motivated and assertive. Works independently and leads and organizes collaborative groups.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable presenting to groups with a mixed composition.
- Ability to clearly document solutions by following established templates. Improves existing templates and creates new templates as needed. Helps drive the development of documentation to improve efficiency and transparency.
- Ability to provide frequent coaching or mentorship of one or more colleagues. Open to coaching and ability to take direction well.
- Ability to create a network of influence by building solid relationships with others.
NICE TO HAVE:
- S. in Computer Science, B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in Computer Information Systems or equivalent preferred and a minimum of four (4) + years of relevant technology job experience.
- Understanding of financial terms and concepts is preferred. Knowledge of mortgage specific terminology, concepts and systems is preferred.
- Experience with TFS, JIRA, and Confluence preferred.
- Minimum three (3) + years of experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experienced with several methods for analyzing data, log files, performance, etc.