Senior UX Designer
Hey, you. We see you looking for interesting products to work on. We like that about you. Have you ever considered working on a travel product that serves hundreds of thousands of visitors a day? Where your design chops will be tested against a team of talented designers, researchers and writers, who expect nothing more than your very best? Think you’ve got what it takes? Alright, keep reading, partner.
Making travel better
From the very get-go, we’ll be expecting you to put your problem-solving skills on display — nay, we’ll want to see them shine. Like diamonds, like the Rihanna song. The travel industry is no ordinary market. Can you help us stand out from all the other online travel agencies while never losing sight of our users’ needs? We’re looking for a UX Designer of the highest grade. How can you add value to our core products, to our business partners? We’ll give you the freedom to lead projects, take ownership of your work, and be responsible for pushing our products forward. Show us you can make travel better. Still sound good? Great! It gets even better.
Your key responsibilities
- Plan and drive cross-functional meetings
- Lead solutions for various product areas, connect them to broader product vision (e.g, product page and purchase experience)
- Oversee all stages of the design process (research, analysis, design, prototyping and validation) of digital user interfaces
- Mentor and aid in the development of less experienced designers
- Select and tailor a set of design methods for any project
- Clarify success metrics and tie efforts toward delivering business value
- Collaborate on roadmap definitions and priority settings with product managers
- Collaborate with the Research team on usability tests and explorative preparation
- Actively work with the Analytics team to gain valuable insights from analytic tools
- Work closely with the Development team on precise implementation according to provided designs
- 4–8 years of UX design practice as UI/UX freelancer, in product companies and/or digital agencies
- You anticipate problems and proactively prepare to solve them
- You've contributed to multiple shipped products from various industries
- You've developed a process/approach for tackling design problems, using proven methods
- You've got killer interaction design & e-commerce skills
We're a team of designers, researchers, writers and localization specialists from all over the world – the Czech Republic, Slovakia, the U.S.A., Brazil and Zimbabwe. We love what we do and we do it well.
Take a peek at how we solve problems.
- Flexible work schedule
- Home office freedom
- Lots of independence in your work
- If we like a tool, and it can help us get the job done, we use it
- Educational & conference budget
- Free English classes
- Monthly Liftago (taxi) allowance
- Besides a fair salary, expect quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance
- Meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, flight vouchers, MultiSport card, etc.
- In-house sauna, gym, sleeping spots, bistro, chill-out zones
- Dog-friendly environment. Woof
- Bananas and lots of other FREE food
Relocation is easy
- We'll cover the costs of your journey, door-to-door, including flight/train/bus tickets
- Shared accommodation in a flat near the Kiwi.com offices for up to two months
- Legal help in getting your work visa
- Public health insurance, access to VIP medical care, English-speaker doctors
- Partnership with Brno Expat Centre, which offers assistance to foreigners
- Multicultural office environment. You’ll feel right at home, no matter where you are from
You’ll ❤️ Brno
Note: The core team is located in Brno. However, this position is open for Prague as well.
The Czech Republic is among the top 10 safest countries on Earth. And, while the country is known for Prague, its beautiful capital, Brno really is a perfect place to live. It provides many opportunities without being overwhelmingly busy. Size matters. It’s big enough to offer all kinds of services, but small enough so that they’re within walking or biking distance. That’s why three of our team members relocated from Prague, two came from Hradec Králové, and one even left Brazil behind just to work with us here. At the end of the year, two more designers will join us from Amsterdam. So then, what's so great about Brno?
- Hundreds of historical sights
- Incredibly affordable cost of living
- Many public parks, open day and night
- Unique pubs and wine bars
- Lots of great cafés, bistros, and restaurants
- Unexpected cuisine and nightlife
- Cheap, reliable, and fast public transport
- A vibrant university city with about 90,000 students
- Functionalist architecture
- Cultural atmosphere with music, performances and festivals
- A center of innovation supported by the government
Sound like you? Get in touch.
For us, being a designer means solving problems. We don't care if you’re big or small, tall or short, green or purple. It doesn’t really matter whether you've been solving problems in the physical or digital world. The designer's mindset always stays the same: you research, you prototype, you test and iterate. Get in touch today!