Since 1992, Kingland's managed solutions have helped data-intensive, highly-regulated clients connect and protect their businesses. Kingland develops and manages enterprise-class software solutions using its Kingland Platform and teams of data and technology experts. Clients in the banking and capital markets, public accounting, insurance, and retail industries look to Kingland to create solutions to manage data, risk, compliance, customer insight and more. The Kingland Platform is a highly secure, cloud-optimized software platform that includes enterprise data management, text analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and workflow and compliance management capabilities.
Kingland is unique. While we are based in Iowa, our customers are not. We are an Iowa company with a significant global reach. We provide our employees with the opportunity to "live locally and work globally", combining the Iowa quality of life that we all love, with exciting opportunities to travel the world and work on large projects for large clients.
Kingland is growing. We’re looking for individuals who like to tackle big challenges, want to work on mission-critical solutions, as well as desire to make a difference in the world — and be rewarded for their effort. Explore all the ways that quality of work meets quality of life at Kingland —and launch yourself on an exciting new adventure.
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you’ll provide and maintain the infrastructure (traditional and cloud) frameworks that our solution teams use to build and support their applications. You will regularly work with AWS and GCP services, Ansible, Git, Terraform, Packer, SumoLogic, Docker, Gradle, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Java, Python, server operating systems, as well as various scripting languages and other technologies. The ideal candidate will have software development experience and previous experience with network or server administration.
As a member of the DevSecOps team, you will be involved with our Vault implementation, our various GitHub integrations, CloudBees Jenkins implementation and assisting teams in its usage. You will also be helping us improve how we utilize Artifactory in the cloud, improving our use of Terraform, and work on developing our standard approach for multi-cloud disaster recovery. Our Kubernetes usage is growing and you will be able to help us continue our Kubernetes adoption in AWS and GCP.
MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
- Assisting with determining guidelines and standards for deploying to AWS & GCP Cloud infrastructure, system and application security requirements, and developing security solutions
- Educating teams on adoption of DevSecOps practices and tooling, and supporting those practices and tools
- Creating, managing, and maintaining our Terraform modules
- Helping to define our cloud security requirements and audit configurations
- Assisting teams with cloud environment issues related to performance, configuration, or otherwise
- Identifying and implementing improvements to how we build and deploy software securely
- Helping create cloud infrastructure in a cost efficient manner
- Experience using Linux/Unix (CentOS or RedHat preferred)
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools: Ansible andTerraform
- Experience with Docker andJenkins
- 1-2 years experience with cloud providers: AWS, GCP
- Experience with Java, Python, and shell scripting
- Must be detail oriented, critical thinkerPossess excellent problem solving skills
- Desire for continuous improvement and a commitment to best practices
- Exhibits a passion for DevSecOps
- Effective communication skills, especially in a team setting
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Gradle, Artifactory, Vagrant, Vault, Packer
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and related practices
- Knowledge of secure development practices
- Stays current with related technology and practices
- Ability to handle a dynamic work environment
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Included in the Kingland Career Development Program – a guided program consisting of targeted learning opportunities and mentorship to assist you in career growth, personal development and opportunity for promotion and advancement at Kingland Systems.
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- 401(k) company match
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually
- Wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, equipment, and apparel
- Company match of up to $1,000 annually for charitable donations
- Free on-site covered parking
- Access to company dining facility in Clear Lake location
- Access to free on-site fitness center in Clear Lake location