Ascend is a life science product company operating at the intersection of data, digital, and research. In partnership with the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA) and Kaleidoscope we are owned in-part by three major healthcare networks with access to 29 hospitals and healthcare organizations. With our growing client base and continued passion for technology, we are seeking candidates who share our passion and have an interest in creating advancements in the health and life sciences industry.
A key vertical of Ascend is data science. We find creative ways to integrate our capabilities with hospital data, operations, and workflows, as well as identify community or industry opportunities. Hospitals use our services to improve quality, optimize operations, and reduce costs. Meanwhile, community and industry clients rely on us to transform healthcare data into insights and analytic products such as interactive reports, dynamic dashboards, and machine learning algorithms.
Job SummaryThe Data Scientist is responsible for executing projects from raw data to product integration and ensuring that solutions align with key strategic initiatives of partners and clients. Specific areas of focus will include data manipulation, data mining, and algorithm development. Responsibilities will also include leading and managing project efforts from start to finish, including providing end deliverables such as technical reports and presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface with hospitals, community organizations and other partners/clients to identify challenges or opportunities that align with key strategic healthcare initiatives
- Clean, restructure and manipulate data into a usable format for analysis
- Perform feature engineering for machine learning as applicable
- Visually and statistically mine data to extract insights and identify influential variables
- Translate findings into intuitive technical reports or presentations
- Work with digital team to transform static insights into dynamic reports or other digital products
- Design, prototype and refine production ready, predictive algorithms or models
- Work directly with data architects and/or software developers to seamlessly integrate products with production environments
- Lead and manage projects to ensure deliverables are met
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in quantitative discipline (e.g. operations, research, statistics, bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, industrial engineering) or other related fields
- 2+ years of relevant experience in data science, analytics or another related STEM field
- Healthcare experience, a plus