Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
The Data Analyst position will capture, manage, analyze, and apply customer knowledge to help Jackson Family Wines win, support and retain customers. To succeed, this person will partner with Direct-to-Consumer teams to define, develop, deliver and support technology solutions that align with department goals and business strategy. This includes capturing customer data from all sources, managing across customer-facing systems and functions as well as partner with Business Analysts to obtain actionable insights.
A successful candidate will have proven experience in producing reporting, dashboards and visualizing insights; expertise in pattern mining and business analytics. This role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining and processing along with the creativity to invent and customize as needed.
- Proficient in the analysis, design, development, debugging, and support of data ecosystems including data management, governance, and ETL integration processes to generate insights
- Participates in the development of statistical and predictive models and leveraging machine learning algorithms
- Take ownership of both recurring/standardized reporting as well as ad hoc projects and requests
- Lead the analysis of transactional and customer data, including cross-tabulations and statistical analysis, provide insights into purchasing patterns, develop hypotheses about trends, and translate results into actionable recommendations for business partners
- Responsible for business analytics work through all phases, including data quality, data analysis, data visualization, and presentation of results and deliverables
- Design and create scalable BI analytic solutions that provide insights into business KPIs. Analytic solutions to cover data acquisition, storage in data warehouse, automation, and visualization of insights
- Quantify the impact of DTC sales and marketing initiatives on customer success and future behavior
- Develop reusable analytics and assets working closely with the Data Warehouse/BI team to ensure scalability of analytical outputs
- Build relationships with customers and peers and work closely with them to influence the design of acceptable solutions
- Ability to operate comfortably, and effectively, in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, rapidly changing environment
- Intermediate to advanced experience with an enterprise reporting/BI platform (Power BI preferred)
- Proficient with SQL, creating stored procedures, and data models
- Advanced knowledge of relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Proficient at creating, testing and supporting ETL processes with modern integration tools
- Experience with R, Python, or similar scripting language
- Knowledge of statistical and predictive data models
- Ability to work effectively with data, BI developers and consumer research and insights partners to meet the data needs of the business, translating business needs into analytical requirements
- Desire to take proactive ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of reported data
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Economics or related field
Experience: 3-8 years of exemplary experience in a business analyst, data analyst or similar role. Wine industry and/or CPG experience preferred.