Program Director at Dedham Community House
Dedham Community House
About Dedham Community House
The Dedham Community House (DCH), a nonprofit organization founded in 1922, is seeking a full-time Program Director. Serving thousands of people each year from Dedham and many surrounding communities, DCH operates a popular summer camp, a variety of recreational and enrichment programs for all ages, an outdoor summer pool, multiple seasonal community events and a highly-regarded preschool.
The Program Director will primarily be responsible for all aspects of program planning, development, administration, and evaluation for seasonal recreational programs and events, summer camp and summer pool. The Program Director will be responsible for hiring, training, and managing staff, in addition to evaluating financial results and maintaining budgets for each program.
Seasonal Recreational and Educational Programs:
- Monitor community needs on an ongoing basis; continually add or develop new programs based on need
- Manage program registration process; keep class lists up to date, create program rosters and update attendance regularly
- Obtain quantitative and qualitative feedback about programs and service delivery on an ongoing basis
- Develop and maintain relationships/collaborations with other local organizations/agencies
- Lead planning and coordination of special events such as the Fall Fair, Easter Egg Hunt, and movie nights
- Prepare all camp forms including registration materials and parent and staff handbooks; work closely with office staff to manage registration
- Work with Marketing Associate on promoting camp, including attendance at camp fairs and open houses
- Assist Facilities Manager in preparing facilities for the camp season
- Prepare camp licensing materials to ensure smooth and timely inspection and licensing
- Together with the camp leadership, develop and manage the camp curriculum including daily and weekly activity programming and field trip planning; maintain all appropriate camper/counselor ratios for all groups and extended day
- Oversee the smooth operation of the summer camp for up to 11 weeks, ensuring safety of children and satisfaction of parents
- Maintain and replenish camp supply inventory
- Survey camp families at the end of each season for program evaluation purposes
- With Aquatics Director, develop pool programming content and schedule
- Assist Facilities Manager with yearly pool licensing process
Qualifications and Skills
- B.A. required; recreation management degree or related field preferred
- Program administration experience required; camp experience strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office; CRM database strongly preferred
- Impeccable integrity and ability to be trusted with confidential materials
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Dedham Community House is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Dedham Community House discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.