Senior Associate, Corporate + Public Affairs
Expert storytelling. Diversity of perspective. Authenticity. Results. The H+K Strategies Los Angeles office is a team of smart, strategic communications professionals looking for a talented Senior Associate to join our group. This role offers a unique opportunity to grow as a communications professional and account manager within a global network of energized experts while servicing a diverse portfolio of clients.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton +YOU, together.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the strategy, planning and execution of client programs including media relations, paid media programs, content creation, messaging, thought leadership, executive positioning and more across clients in the corporate and public affairs space
- Supervising and contributing to all campaign measurement including influencer activities, media monitoring, data analytics and reporting on all projects
- Acting as a client facing lead, providing strategic recommendations, generating fresh ideas and providing counsel
- Helping lead junior team members, delegating tasks, executing client initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction and anticipating needs and potential issues as they arise
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management, planning and earned media strategy
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of regional and global clients in different industry sectors
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years’ experience working in public relations; agency experience preferred
- Track record of success executing client campaigns on behalf of corporate and public affairs clients; crisis experience also a plus
- Ability to lead client projects across multiple channels that effectively map to client objectives
- Strong client counselor with the ability to ensure client satisfaction through world-class service and program results
- Digital and social media savvy with a thorough understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement
- Proven track record of success managing and executing earned media programs, creative content, influencer programs, paid media programs, executive positioning and more
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Skilled storyteller able to ideate strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
- Strong expertise in earned media strategy and execution with a strong base of relevant media contacts
- Expert proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including leading client meetings, client events and new business pitches
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams within a globally influential firm
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.