Software Engineer in Test - Data Ingestion
The Data Ingestion team is responsible for the successful acquisition of imaging data to drive HeartFlow’s core FFRct product. Additionally, the team builds out a variety of data integration components in the cloud and delivers mission-critical virtual appliances that must run 24/7 without intervention. The ideal candidate has a passion for test engineering, is a constant learner and is excited by the challenge of building a remotely managed, resource-constrained virtual appliance that must run 24/7 within diverse deployment environments. As an Engineer in Test on the team, this candidate will help us build and deliver highly anticipated (and not-yet-announced) market disrupting products for treatment of Coronary Artery Disease. Lastly, the candidate is a team player -- generously sharing skills and knowledge with teammates, welcoming feedback and discussion, and contributing as needed to deliver our hard work to the world.
As a key player bringing previous experience in test engineering to the team, you will:
- Participate in and advocate for best practices in the software development lifecycle, from requirements & software generation to documentation of test activities to thorough reporting of product defects
- Design and implement automated tests and supporting infrastructure for HeartFlow software
- Leverage best practices of Continuous Integration, Testing and Delivery
- Improve and maintain test framework(s) and tooling designed to evaluate performance and load of various components
- Collaborate with engineering and project management to design & implement software while ensuring that new features are testable
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in an FDA/Medical Device regulated environment
- Familiarity with IEC 62304 and other standards impacting medical software.
- Strong working knowledge of design controls and quality systems
- Understanding of OS threading and experience/familiarity with multi-threaded applications
- Previous experience with the following:
- VMWare or other virtualization service
- Server side applications/services / RESTful APIs.
- In-Memory caching technologies, such as memcached or Redis
- RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora)
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical degree; advanced degree is a plus
- 2+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in software design, development, or testing
- 2+ year(s) experience in Python
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.