Human Resources Country Manager - UK
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an HR Country Manager to build our UK office from scratch. This position is located in London, UK and reports to the VP and Chief People Officer based in Redwood City, CA.
In March of 2018, HeartFlow entered into a collaborative research agreement with Imperial College London. The collaboration will enable experts from HeartFlow and Imperial to work side-by-side on joint projects in the areas of medical imaging and deep learning. The company’s non-invasive HeartFlow® FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart to help clinicians diagnose and treat coronary artery disease (CAD).
In April of 2018, NHS England has chosen the HeartFlow® FFRct Analysis, a new technology, to be funded by the Innovation and Technology Payment (ITP) program through a competitive process of nearly 300 applicants. It is the only ITP recipient focused on coronary artery disease (CAD), which affects 2.3 million people in the UK.
We are looking for:
- Self-motivated - own and drive the HR programs from end-to-end
- Creative - bring new and unique ideas to engaging talent
- Collaborative - partner and build strong relationships with leaders and employees
- Data-driven - monitor your metrics and use them to drive change and make improvements
- Resourceful - use a variety of tools and methods to support our internal clients
- Adaptive - work with unique talent in an ever-changing environment
- Personable - be the face of the company
- Persistent - don’t give up, don’t ever give up!
- Review and prepare recruitment materials including job descriptions, job specifications, adverts and interview questions for positions to be filled.
- Source external candidates by developing recruiting strategies for multiple and unique positions.
- Coordinate and participate in interviews.
- Manage all applicant and new hire employment forms.
- Conduct onboarding, new hire orientation and offboarding.
Policy Development, Interpretation and Administration:
- Develop and maintain an employee handbook.
- Provide support to ensure that programs, practices and policies conform with country laws. Audit policy compliance.
- Oversee immigration programs and assists foreign nationals with immigration procedures.
- Ensure all paperwork, including applications for immigration and visas are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processes tax treaty evaluations and withholding categories for all visa recipients.
- Reviews immigration procedures and legal status of foreign employees.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Develop compensation package proposal and salary changes for approval.
- Conducts job analysis for positions to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation benchmark, guidelines and policy. Regularly monitors market compensation data. Recommends changes to pay to remain competitive with appropriate labor markets.
- Effectively administers the C&B changes associated with merit increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, and leaves of absence.
- Ensures that the company is in compliance with all safety and health related legal requirements.
Employee Relations and Performance Management:
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Use influence and coaching skills to cultivate a culture that reflects our core values.
- Act as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
- Run and analyze engagement surveys, building and implementing recommendations and initiatives using quantitative and qualitative data.
- 24/7 on-call for all office-related events and activities, and communication with building management.
- Maintain and is responsible for the kitchen and office supplies, and furniture.
- Maintain and is responsible for the physical security of the office.
- Maintain and is responsible that only authorized users receive badges and approved access.
- Maintain delivery log of packages delivered to HeartFlow UK.
- Maintain visitors log of visitors to HeartFlow UK.
- Manage the company-wide events for HeartFlow UK.
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years of related human resources experience
- Master’s Degree or MBA in HR Management preferred
- HR Certification is a plus
- A mix of experience in both start-up and large corporation is welcome.
- Working knowledge of HR disciplines including compensation, benefits, recruiting, training, performance management, employment investigation, immigration, relocation and talent development.
- Knowledge of Workday is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability of scaling processes and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, mediation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and not only recommend effective solutions but execute them.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills.
- Strong time management and priorities management skills.
- Applicable knowledge of Labor Laws.
- A passion for saving lives!
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.