Senior Software Engineer – C++ for Medical Frameworks and Applications
Who are we?
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development of a revolutionary medical solution.
Software Engineers are embedded within self-sufficient cross-functional teams. They work alongside world-class Scientists, Engineers in Test and Process Engineers to deliver a variety of software components, including:
- an automated pipeline of sophisticated automated algorithms to generate a model of the coronary arteries from a CT scan,
- a guided segmentation interactive segmentation software that allows correcting that model with specialized tools,
- a flow simulation software that provides functional information from the anatomy of a patient,
- various state of the art research projects around ground breaking technologies.
- Driving the vision for the expansion of our C++ framework to allow fast development of interactive prototypes and automated tools,
- Designing highly specialized interactive tools targeted toward trained internal users for annotation gathering and algorithm results’ correction for machine learning algorithm training,
- Supporting R&D effort through prototyping,
- Deep involvement in software development process for the whole product life cycle (e.g. software design, product launch, quality monitoring, product maintenance and improvement),
- Defining interfaces between algorithms to complete automation and monitoring throughput,
- Building efficient data structures to represent a variety of entities (e.g. volumetric images, point cloud, surface representations) and allowing for interactive editing,
- Engaging with other teams to ensure consistent engineering practices in our products,
- Minimizing coupling of architecture to maximize reusability.
- Advanced knowledge of modern C++ (C++11, C++14),
- Strong foundation in object oriented design,
- Cross-platform software development (Windows, Linux),
- Python for general scripting and testing purposes,
- Software development best practices (e.g. code review, continuous integration, testing).
Valued Skills and Experience:
- Experience in 3D computer graphics development (OpenGL),
- Experience in GUI application (Qt),
- Experience with GPGPU development,
- Knowledge of computational geometry,
- Cutting edge C++ knowledge (C++17, C++20),
- Experience with MacOS/iOS development,
- Experience with software performance optimization,
- Experience with agile methodologies,
- Experience with end to end product development.
You are passionate about:
- Writing high quality, efficient software,
- Cultivating a thrilling team spirit in an agile environment,
- Speaking up when faced with problems,
- Learning from views and approaches that are different from your own,
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services,
- Striving for the best but know when to settle for the good.
You want to learn about:
- Software engineering excellence,
- Tools development to support Engineering operations,
- Continuous integration & delivery of medical applications,
- Medical devices and working in a regulated environment.
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Master of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in a software company
- 4+ years of experience in C++
- 2+ years of experience with cross platform development
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.