Senior Manager, Information Security Operations
HeartFlow, Inc. is dedicated to making our products and technologies as secure as possible. Reporting to the VP, Chief Information Security Officer, the Senior Manager, Information Security Operations is a critical leader role responsible for leading the Information Security Operations team. This is a hands-on role and will lead and directly assist a small team that will provide:
- Security infrastructure and services management
- Threat detection and response.
- Vulnerability Management and IT Compliance (with Security Requirements)
The Senior Manager will provide subject matter expertise in security infrastructure architecture design and will partner and collaborate with other technology partners/experts to provide secure solutions to resolve overall infrastructure and security infrastructure design and implementation challenges. The Senior Manager will provide oversight to firewall changes. The candidate is expected to be a seasoned security professional and team player with a strong drive for results and continual improvement.
Security Infrastructure Management
- Help set strategic direction for information security initiatives, processes and standards
- Research, evaluate and drive next-generation security technologies and concepts to keep security ahead of the curve
- Build relationships and collaborate with other architects across IT to ensure all visions are aligned
- Evaluate pending and post-implementation changes to the Infrastructure (solutions, network connectivity and/or services) to identify security risks, adherence to security policies and drive secure resolution to these identified issues
- Create, refine, deliver and evangelize information security standards to be used throughout the enterprise that balance business needs and external requirements
- Monitor changes in the legislative, regulatory and contractual landscape to ensure that the information security program is always at least one step ahead
- Validate the effectiveness of our defensive systems, assess threats to the enterprise and proactively improve our security defense posture
- Provide oversight to the security exception and review process; ensure a fair balance is achieved which mitigates potential risks while still enabling innovation and the business to succeed
- Collaborate with appropriate teams to execute various security projects (upgrades, new implementations, etc.); evaluate and implement new security technology controls and solutions
- Ensure proper change management and oversight of changes to security controls (including but not limited to firewalls, endpoint protection, IPS, malware detection tools, DLP, anomaly detection and encryption tools) and solutions
Threat Detection and Response Oversight
- Facilitate "table-top"/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other SME's; and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues
- Provides leadership, guidance and oversight to the Senior Threat Response Engineer and CERT and incident management processes through closure; including but not limited to conducting post mortem analysis and ensuring process improvements
- Ensures appropriate tools and services are in place to rapidly detect and respond to threats to HeartFlow and our trusted partners
- Oversees the analysis of network, system, and security events to determine whether an incident has occurred and leads appropriate response actions
- Creates incident after action summaries and develops recurring reports of enterprise incidents including but not limited to trends, remediation and prevention
- Provides oversight to the managed detection and response provider/outsourced SOC
- Ensures threat response plans are in place and regularly exercised
- Develops, documents and manages containment strategies recommending actions to mitigate the risk associated with intrusion attempts
- Researches, implements and maintains proficiency in response and detection tools, countermeasures and attack method trends
- May work with Federal and/or state and local law enforcement agencies
Vulnerability and IT Compliance Management
- Provide oversight to ensure recurring scans are in place and audit and track mitigation activities through to completion
- Provide oversight to ensure both self-assessments and coordinate third party risk assessments of technology infrastructure and operational processes and controls for assigned areas
- Provide oversight to ensure scheduled, targeted (in response to advisories and remediation verification) and ad-hoc IT compliance audits and vulnerability scans for the global enterprise
- Provide oversight to ensure validation of risk levels associated with vulnerabilities identified via vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, Dome9 and Tennable.io)
- Provide remediation guidance and recommendations and coordinate with Development Operations, CorpIT and other teams as needed to provide oversight to the remediation and/or mitigation of enterprise vulnerabilities
- Maintain and improve upon, as necessary, the existing IT and vulnerability management infrastructure, including maintenance of scanning tools, licensing, procedures, reporting, and associated communications (downtimes, upgrades, report changes, etc.)
Leadership and Management
- Develop, train and mentor members of the Information Security Operations team; grow their technical and professional capabilities and skill sets
- Define and manage a set of interconnected processes
- Define clear roles and responsibilities and establish accountability and measure and report on operational effectiveness and efficiency; set goals and measure performance
- Communicate regularly and clearly to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop vision and strategy for a team.
- Resolve disputes within the team and across the larger functional teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
Technical Skills Needed:
- Direct experience with securing a global enterprise in both cloud (virtual machines, AWS, Azure, etc.) and conventional (physical endpoints, servers, etc.) environments
- Experience working as part of a change management process
- 7+ years of experience in creating and managing enterprise information security architectures and solutions across multiple disciplines (network, cloud, endpoint, software development, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in the following: Network security infrastructure controls including next generation firewalls, proxies, advanced malware controls, IDS / IPS and DLP, CASB, Cloud Proxy, DLP, MFA, cloud automation and management tools
- Demonstrable experience with architecting enterprise security solutions including cloud solutions with AWS, Azure, Office 365 and SaaS services
- (Preferred) Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM along with demonstrable knowledge of security standards and best practices such as ISO 27001 and NIST
- An individual with experience of working on large scale cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and very understanding of security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications
Soft Skills Needed
- 5+ Years demonstrated experience and track record of attracting, retaining and leading teams with multiple core competencies successfully
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs.
- Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of audiences, up to executive management.
- Knowledge of common attack methodologies; common types of security vulnerabilities;
- Proficiency in the use of manual and automated techniques for scanning, vulnerability, and penetration testing of networks, applications, operating systems, databases, and email systems
- Effective communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to prepare documentation and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Self-starter, positive attitude, ability to work independently, enjoys learning and staying current with industry developments, regulations and best practices.
- Experience dealing with all levels of management and across different teams, including managing conflicts
About HeartFlow, Inc.:
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.