Senior Software Engineer – Data Ingestion and Hospital Integration
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development and testing of our scalable platform to process medical images on the Amazon Cloud (AWS)!
The Data Ingestion team!
The HeartFlow Technology team operates in an agile environment where all members have a deep passion for learning. The Data Ingestion team is responsible for acquisition of data that is needed to operate our complex and advanced product. This team builds mission-critical virtual appliances (installed on premise) that run 24/7 without intervention and include remote management and auto-update capabilities. The team is also responsible for building data integration components on the cloud.
You will be a key player bringing advanced experience in software engineering. You will:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain HeartFlow’s Connect application and integrate with HeartFlow’s Cloud Services (AWS)
- Collaborate with the test group to elaborate test strategies
- Develop (or enable/support) automation tests
- Identify and correct defects early in the development cycle
- Participate in other activities defined in the company’s product development process
- Python (advanced programming)
- Server side applications/services
- Deep knowledge of OS threading and experience/familiarity with multi-threaded applications
- Strong knowledge of Linux bootstrapping process
- Broad based knowledge of Linux OS
- Application of data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design to solve challenging problems
- Continuous Integration platforms, such as Jenkins
- Unit, Functional, Integration and Black Box testing of software applications
- Deep understanding and experience with modern software development tools including bug tracking systems, source code revision control, and automated testing techniques
- Software methodologies (like Agile)
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- In-memory caching technologies (Redis or memcached)
- Web Services (like Amazon Web Services) and RESTful API’s
- RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora)
- Containerization technologies, such as Docker or equivalent
You are passionate about:
- Cultivating an efficient and effective, agile environment
- High quality software, software development and testing processes
- Owning your work
- Speaking up when faced with problems or when you disagree
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
- Working independently with a high degree of latitude
You want to learn about:
- Distributed, highly available, resilient systems
- Software as a Service (SaaS) applications in the medical space
- State of the art cloud technologies
- Software engineering excellence
- Tools development to support 24x7 operations
- Continuous integration & delivery of medical applications
- Medical devices, FDA, and working in a regulated environment
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in a software company, including:
- 5+ year(s) of experience in software development
- 5+ year(s) of experience in Python
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.