Senior Software Engineer – Distributed Computing
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development and testing of our scalable platform to compute medical images on the Amazon Cloud (AWS)!
The Cloud and Backend team!
The HeartFlow technology team operates in a fast-paced, agile environment with high expectations for performance. The Cloud & Backend team is at the nexus of every component that is needed to operate our complex and advanced product. This position will be key in building and delivering the next generation of distributed and cost efficient platform to process medical images in the cloud. In this role, you will have a direct impact to our product quality and stability.
You will be a key player bringing advanced experience in software engineering. Being a member of the Cloud & Backend team, you will develop and maintain our distributed computing pipeline. You will own and drive the development of multiple components within the team according to best practices in software development and the standards and guidance set forth by FDA and other regulated bodies.
You have experience in the following:
- Python (advanced programming)
- Large scale and distributed computing systems
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), or another cloud provider
- Experience with AWS SQS, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ or equivalent
- Web services and RESTful APIs
- Horizontal scalability of services
- Containerization technologies, such as Docker or equivalent
- In-Memory caching technologies, such as memcached or Redis
- Linux, Unix, and Windows systems
- Continuous Integration platforms, such as Jenkins
- Continuous delivery pipelines
- Debugging distributed services
- Unit, Functional, and Black Box testing of software Applications
You are passionate about:
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- High quality software, software development and testing processes
- Taking full ownership of your work
- Speaking up when faced with problems or when you disagree
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
- Work independently with a high degree of latitude
You want to learn about:
- Distributed, highly available, resilient systems
- Software as a Service (SaaS) applications in the medical space
- State of the art cloud technologies
- Software engineering excellence
- Tools development to support 24x7 operations
- Continuous integration & delivery of medical application
- Medical devices, FDA, and working in a regulated environment
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ year(s) of relevant work experience in a major software company, including:
- 5+ year(s) of experience in software development
- 5+ year(s) of programing experience in Python
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.