Senior Software Engineer – Frontend Full Stack
Who are we?
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development and testing of our scalable platform to process medical images on the Amazon Cloud (AWS)!
The Front-End team!
The HeartFlow Technology team operates in an agile environment where all members have a deep passion for learning. The Frontend team focuses on building multiple applications serving not only our users globally in three different geographical regions, but also our internal employees responsible for case processing and supporting customers. This position will be key in building, testing and delivering the next generation of reactive, responsive web applications. In this role, you will have a direct impact to our product quality and your contributions on this team will be recognized across the HeartFlow Technology team.
You will be a key player bringing advanced experience in software engineering and modern web development practices for multilingual and multi-platform applications. Amongst your various responsibilities, you will lead , support the development and support multiple reactive and high performance single-page web applications built to handle a large number of users. You will also be in charge of designing, developing, testing and maintaining the overall Front-End platform and the associated infrastructure. You will own and drive the development of multiple components within the team according to best practices in software development and the standards and guidance set forth by FDA and other regulatory bodies.
- SCSS, or equivalent
- Modern UI frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular
- Django, Flask or equivalent
- Web services and RESTful APIs
- JS unit testing with runners/frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine, or equivalent
- Configuring Webpack for bundling and packaging
- Functional, integration and black-box testing of software applications
- Software development best practices, and agile methodologies
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- Containerization technologies such as Docker or equivalent
- Continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins/TravisCI
- Configuration management tools, such as Chef or equivalent
- Continuous delivery pipelines
You are passionate about:
- Cultivating an efficient and effective, agile environment
- High quality software, software development and testing processes
- Owning your work
- Speaking up when faced with problems or when you disagree
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
- Working independently with a high degree of latitude
You want to learn about:
- State of the art frontend and web development practices
- Software as a Service (SaaS) applications in the medical space
- State of the art cloud technologies
- Tools development to support 24x7 operations
- Continuous integration & delivery of medical applications
- Medical devices, FDA, and working in a regulated environment
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a software company, including:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in Python
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.