Executive Administrative Assistant
This position provides support to the technology organization, including but not limited to receiving clients and visitors, arranging travel, preparing presentations and correspondence, scheduling meetings, preparing for medical conferences, etc. He/she will have advanced administrative skills, strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal capacity, and exceptional multi-tasking ability. This position requires skills to be used in a fast-paced, rapidly growing medical software organization.
Executive Assistant Duties:
- Manage multiple calendars including scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, conferences, and group events with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Answer, direct/screen calls, and take messages for appropriate executives and parties.
- Coordinate meetings, events, catering, and logistical arrangements.
- Establish and maintain effective professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees, and business contacts.
- Prepare presentations and formal business communications from rough to final drafts.
- Provide back-up assistance to other administrative team members as needed, including, but not limited to welcoming and directing customers, guests, vendors, and employees.
- Other duties as required.
Technology Specific Duties:
- Support direct reports of CTO as available
- Coordinate communication with global technology team
- Support communication with customers and key opinion leaders
- Able to maintain professional manner, poise, and diplomacy in fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Able to handle sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Quick learner and takes initiative to solve problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Able to anticipate the needs of the executive and team members.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- BA/BS Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of administrative experience supporting senior executives.
- Experience in start-up tech companies preferred.
- Experience supporting a technology team preferred.
- Available to work overtime to cover for early and/or late business meetings.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Physical Demands of the Job: Office environment; needs to physically be in the office during business hours and other times as needed.
Special Working Conditions (if any): N/A
Note: While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or re-assign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.