Senior Software Engineer – Services & Data ingestion
Who are we?
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development and testing of our scalable platform to process medical images on the Amazon Cloud (AWS)!
The Services and Platform program!
The HeartFlow Technology team operates in an agile environment where all members have a deep passion for learning. The Services and Platform program is at the nexus of every component that is needed to operate our complex and advanced product. This position will be key in building, testing and delivering the next generation of services used to ingest data from various sources and delivering results back into various ecosystems. In this role, you will have a direct impact to our product quality and your contributions on this team will be recognized across the HeartFlow Technology team.
You will be a key player bringing advanced experience in software engineering. Being a member of the Services & Platform program, you will be build and maintain all infrastructure and services required for data flows, data management, as well as data access. You will own and drive the development of multiple components within the team according to best practices in software development and the standards and guidance set forth by FDA and other regulatory bodies. As part of this role, you will be supporting 24x7 operations for your component and providing support to various parts of the organization, such as customer support and field operations teams.
Must Have Skills and Experience
- Python (advanced programming)
- Web services and RESTful APIs
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), or another cloud provider
- Django, Ruby on Rails, Flask or equivalent
- Horizontal scalability of services
- Containerization technologies, such as Docker or equivalent
- RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora)
- In-Memory caching technologies, such as memcached or Redis
- Nginx, or equivalent web server
- Continuous Integration platforms, such as Jenkins
- Debugging distributed cloud services
- Unit, Functional, Integration and Black Box testing of software applications
- Software development best practices, and agile methodologies
- Applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design, to solve challenging problems
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Configuration management tools, such as Chef or equivalent
- Continuous delivery pipelines
You are passionate about:
- Cultivating an efficient and effective, agile environment
- High quality software, software development and testing processes
- Owning your work
- Speaking up when faced with problems or when you disagree
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
- Working independently with a high degree of latitude
You want to learn about:
- Distributed, highly available, resilient systems
- Software as a Service (SaaS) applications in the medical space
- State of the art cloud technologies
- Software engineering excellence
- Tools development to support 24x7 operations
- Continuous integration & delivery of medical applications
- Medical devices, FDA, and working in a regulated environment
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in a software company, including:
- 5+ year(s) of experience in software development
- 5+ year(s) of experience in Python
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.