Process Engineer, Coronary Computed Tomography
The Process Engineer, Coronary Computed Tomography (CT) will be responsible for developing processes that link advanced CT image quality diagnostics with HeartFlow’s proprietary FFRCT Analysis and related products. The CT Process Engineer will collaborate with our customers, corporate collaborators and internal CT experts to deliver a process that ensures a high acceptance rate for customer-submitted DICOM images and a low rate of customer complaints. The role will work closely with HeartFlow’s process, technology, and clinical teams, as well as with R&D teams of HeartFlow’s corporate collaborators. The ideal candidate will have background in engineering and previous experience with coronary CT and physiology.
- Become an expert in our image acquisition and reconstruction techniques in order to translate that knowledge into successful Heartflow product and process.
- Plan and execute experiments that illuminate customer-friendly methods for obtaining the best image quality DICOM images
- Work with the HeartFlow technology teams and Process Engineers to develop processes and software product offerings that leverage state of the art CT knowledge
- Supply data to the clinical and R&D teams as they train algorithms with CT header and image data.
- Transfer image-quality related new products and versions to our production team.
- Design and run verification and validation studies.
- Write and release process Work Instructions.
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Minimum BS degree in technical field.
- 2+ years minimum experience in CT or related technologies
- High quality written and oral communication. Ability to cater communication to a wide range of technical, clinical, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to travel within US and globally at least 20% of time.
HeartFlow is an exciting, revolutionary, medical software start-up that has received international recognition for exceptional strides in healthcare innovation. We are changing cardiovascular healthcare through improvements in the accuracy of non-invasive tests for Coronary Artery Disease, the most common form of Heart Disease and the number one killer of men and women in the United States. HeartFlow operates as a SaaS business that processes standard Computed Tomographic (CT) imaging to generate 3D models of patients’ coronary arteries for physicians’ use. HeartFlow is a VC-backed, pre-IPO company that received FDA clearance in 2014. We are based in Redwood City with an existing and expanding presence in Europe and Japan.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.