Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer will be a part of our world-class engineering team in the development and scaling of image processing and machine learning technologies. This person will be an engineer with an automation mindset and experience with network security and configuration in AWS, Palo Alto and Cisco. This work is at the intersection of Big Data and cloud applications in a fast-paced, agile start-up with great opportunities to learn and grow!
- Create virtual infrastructure in AWS cloud that support our custom applications in multiple global regions.
- Continuously manage (improve, automate, document) our network infrastructure
- Remove single point of failures, reliability weak points, and performance bottlenecks
- Configure routers, switches, wireless controllers and firewalls
- Apply security best practices at the network infrastructure level
- Partner with Corporate IT, Engineering, Devops and customer support groups to deliver best of breed services and set a high bar for operational excellence
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for production network support
- Work on innovative technologies and proof of concepts from Amazon and other vendors
- Follow HIPAA and HITRUST, ISO27001 and SOC2 compliance guidelines and policies
- Support development and testing environments
- Participate in security and compliance audits
- Follow standard operating procedures and applications for change and incident management
- Configure, manage and support corporate network infrastructure and IPSEC tunnels for 4 global offices
- Travel occasionally required for business needs
- AWS and/or other public cloud service
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent documentation and diagram skills
- Engineering, integrating and implementing Cisco network architecture and related technologies
- Mastery of IP internetworking and LAN Switching
- Expertise in Dynamic IP routing: OSPF, BGP or MPLS
- Cisco ASR and ISR Series Routers.
- Cisco Catalyst platforms 6500s 4500s 3750s 3850s and Nexus switches
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls and SSLVPN
- Experiences in Network Load Balancing Technology
- Experience on VMware vSphere virtualization.
- Network monitoring tools PRTG, Pagerduty
- Experience DNS, TCP/IP tuning, network root cause analysis
Nice to have:
- Knowledgeable about best practices with security certification such as HITRUST
- Detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Cisco Nexus Data Center switches design, deploy and troubleshooting
- Setup and deploy office sites, managing internet circuits, voice over IP phones.
- Aruba or Cisco Wireless Access network management and administration
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- BS in computer science or technical field preferred
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Relevant Industry Certifications – CCNA or CCNP desired.
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.