Interaction Designer - 3D Applications
We are looking for an interaction designer with a focus on 3D UI’s to join the User Experience Team at HeartFlow.
This individual will collaborate closely with product owners, user researchers and developers to define the customer-facing touchpoints of our mobile and WebGL products.
In this role, the Interaction Designer will solve entirely new interaction problems for clinicians reviewing 3D coronary data from the HeartFlow Analysis.
In a healthcare industry ripe with opportunities for implementing user-centered design practices, we need your expertise to keep HeartFlow at the front.
- Contribute to the overall vision and design strategy for HeartFlow’s 3D Viewer, from concept exploration through to implementation
- Create prototype content of varying 2D and 3D subjects and iterate fast in an agile software development environment
- Work closely with User Researchers to inform design choices and focus on the users
- Interpret business requirements, customer feedback, and research outputs such as personas, user stories and usability findings into effective UI designs
- Develop user flows, wireframes and motion mockups to effectively communicate interaction design intentions
- Create, maintain and follow detailed user-interface specifications
- Strong desire to operate in the medical arena and understand the clinical needs and applications of physicians
- General knowledge of 3D content principals such as surface and volume rendering, polygonal modeling, shading, lighting, ray casting, scene composition, and UI
- Proficient in real time content pipeline and experience creating interactive content
- Experience with 3D content creation tools, specifically Houdini and Unity3D
- Experience with 2D prototyping tools: Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC, AfterEffects
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience designing UI’s for interactive 3D content.
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant design experience.
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.