Engineering Manager - Mobile & Web Visualization
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development and testing of the advanced reporting and visualization pipeline.
Technology at HeartFlow
The HeartFlow Technology team operates in an agile environment where all members have a deep passion for learning. The Engineering department is responsible for all the product engineering and architecture of HeartFlow products leveraging lean development practices and methodologies. By managing the clinical reporting and visualization group, you will be responsible for delivering the HeartFlow results back to our customers in various forms including a WebGL 3D Viewer, a mobile application and in the form of a PDF. The technologies used in that pipeline are very heterogeneous and you will get to solve some unique challenges at the nexus of cutting edge technology and advanced medical imaging and visualization.
- Manage internal and external software engineers in various geographical regions: Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Lead and oversee the architecture, design and implementation of HeartFlow's reporting pipeline, including the offscreen generation of images and the online rendering of HeartFlow's 3D models, using state of the art technologies.
- Lead and oversee the architecture, design and implementation of HeartFlow's virtual intervention planning products.
- Unify and drive the development of cross-platform HeartFlow viewers on web, mobile, tablets and desktop products.
- Ensure quality and consistency of the software architecture across the system and providing day-to-day technical guidance to the development teams.
- Hire the best software engineers in the industry and build up your team!
- Experience as a technical leader.
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, development and testing using software engineering best practices and continuous integration pipelines in order to deliver world class software and services.
- Strong leader and people manager with experience in setting a strong vision/roadmap for your team with a track record of delivering results while growing/mentoring engineers on your team.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with OpenGL, WebGL and Computer Graphics.
- Experience developing iOS applications.
- Experience developing algorithms in C++.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- Experience in computational geometry.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with GPGPU (General Purpose GPU development skills).
- Continuous delivery pipelines
You are passionate about:
- Cultivating an efficient and effective, agile environment
- High quality software, software development and testing processes
- Owning your work
- Speaking up when faced with problems or when you disagree
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
- Working independently with a high degree of latitude
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in a software company, including:
- 5+ years of experience as a technical lead
- 3+ years of experience directly managing a large group (5+) of software engineers
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.