Senior Build Engineer - C++ Infrastructure
Who are we?
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development of the next generation of our algorithms!
You will be a key planner that will help significantly improve of software development process by contributing to improving key areas of our continuous integration process. The challenges we are facing are the following:
- We need to frequently compile our open source 3rdParty libraries because of their frequent updates (e.g. Google TensorFlow) and the faster release cycles of the C++ language,
- We have a massive code base with uneven levels of quality.
In order to address these challenges, responsibilities will include:
- maintaining and extending automation for open source 3rd party compilation,
- handling our compiled 3rdParty libraries artifacts in an efficient and sustainable way,
- enhancing our continuous integration/continuous delivery (e.g. running all our test automation, include several and monitor code analysis tools, improve versioning and software software deployment),
- improving build system to support product development and research needs in the same codebase.
- Strong foundation in C++
- Experience with cross platform development
- Strong experience with C++ build systems
- Compilation of open source C++ 3rd party libraries
- Package creation and management for Centos (RPM) and Windows (MSI)
- Artifact repository management (artifactory)
- Strong foundation in Python
- Centos, Windows and Mac OS systems
- Strong proficiency with Linux environments and tools
- Containerization technologies, such as Docker or equivalent
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Delivery pipelines and practices
- Continuous Integration platforms, such as Jenkins
- Integration of SDLC tools to CI pipeline such as automated testing, static/dynamic, security, test automation coverage, architecture fitness testing etc...
Valued Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of source code control systems, branching, merging, releases etc.
- Solid understanding of versioning paradigms
- Ability to apply complex principles, theories and concepts of the Agile, CI and CD disciplines and provide solutions to a wide range of complex problems
- C++ Build acceleration.
- Configuration management tools, such as Chef or equivalent (Puppet, Ansible, …).
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Phabricator.
You are passionate about:
- Tools development to support Engineering operations
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Managing builds, versioning and continuous integration pipelines
- High quality software, software development best practices and testing processes
- Taking full ownership of your work
- Speaking up when faced with problems or when you disagree
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
- Work independently with a high degree of latitude
You want to learn about:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) applications in the medical space
- SDLC practices
- Software engineering excellence
- Tools development to support 24x7 operations
- Continuous integration & delivery of medical applications
- Medical devices, FDA, and working in a regulated environment
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Master of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in a software company, including:
- 2+ year(s) of experience in C++ development
- 2+ year(s) of experience in Build or Release engineering
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.