Field Billing Support Specialist - Central
The Coding and Billing Support Specialist will be the face of HeartFlow in supporting our customer’s administration and billing professionals to ensure they can successfully bill and collect reimbursement on FFRct claims. You will collaborate with HeartFlow’s Marketing team to create relevant educational material and educate and support our Sales team on coding and billing concerns, including attending sales calls at customer sites. You will work directly with the customer to ensure compliant coding of FFRct, educate them on components of the code and associated charges and payment, and provide support onprior authorization workflow and claims appeals.
This position will be based out of a home office with up to 80% travel throughout the US required.
- Work with Marketing to create and disseminate educational materials around coding, billing, prior authorization and appeals.
- Support commercial team by addressing coding and billing concerns throughout the sales and implementation process.
- Conduct conference calls or travel onsite to customers to educate on appropriate use of Category III codes and billing scenarios.
- Work with revenue cycle management both at customer site and internally with HeartFlow Access Program.
- Read and interpret medical records to align with medical policy language to ensure accurate submission of claims.
- Outstanding knowledge of coding and billing in US healthcare system, including Medicare and commercial payers.
- Excellent communication skills and customer support attitude.
- Strong understanding of hospital billing and coding infrastructure, including EMR, billing system, and personnel involved.
- Ability to interpret policies and medical necessity language to identify appropriate ICD-10 codes and medical records to submit claims.
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Greater than 5 years of demonstrated work experience in coding and billing at a US hospital managing both Medicare and commercial claims
- CPC required, COC preferred, cardiology experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Physical Demands of the Job:
- Estimated travel of 80%
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.