Software Engineer in Test - 3D Applications
The 3D Applications team is responsible for the reporting pipeline within HeartFlow's non-invasive FFRct technology. This includes offscreen generation of images and online rendering of HeartFlow’s 3D models using state-of-the-art technologies. As an Engineer in Test on the team, this candidate will help us build and deliver highly anticipated (and not-yet-announced) market disrupting products for treatment and understanding of Coronary Artery Disease. This candidate should have a passion for test engineering and be excited to work alongside developers to build, improve and deliver the Interactive 3D Model to both internal and external customers. Lastly, this candidate should be a team player. They will generously share skills and knowledge with the teammates, welcome feedback and discussion, and will work with the team to do what is needed to deliver our hard-work to the world.
You will be a key player bringing previous experience in test engineering to the team. You will:
- Participate in and advocate for best practices in the software development lifecycle, from requirements & software generation to documentation of test activities to thorough reporting of product defects
- Design and implement automated tests and supporting infrastructure for HeartFlow software
- Leverage best practices of Continuous Integration, Testing and Delivery
- Improve and maintain test framework(s) and tooling designed to evaluate performance and load of various components
- Collaborate with engineering and project management to design & implement software while ensuring that new features are testable
- Strong background in Python
- Familiarity with Linux, Unix, and Windows systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), or other cloud provider
- 2+ years experience as an Engineer in Test
- Knowledge of different testing strategies (e.g. black/white box, boundary, security, performance, load, etc)
- CI/CD, Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes
- Agile development practices (Scrum/Kanban)
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, evolving company
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in an FDA/Medical Device regulated environment
- Familiarity with IEC 62304 and other standards impacting medical software.
- Strong working knowledge of design controls and quality systems
- Strong knowledge of test automation for web applications (Selenium Webdriver)
- Previous experience in the following:
- 3D engines (three.js)
- Web application frameworks (Node.js)
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical degree; advanced degree is a plus
- 2+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in software design, development, or testing
- 2+ year(s) experience in Python
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.