Senior Software Engineer - iOS
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development and testing of its mobile application(s) for delivering results to the customer!
The HeartFlow technology team operates in a fast-paced, agile environment with high expectations for performance. You will be working in the team responsible for designing, computing and delivering complex visualizations of the results to our customers on various platforms and medium.
You will be an essential player bringing advanced experience in software engineering, and mobile development. This position is key to building, improving and delivering this advanced platform for viewing and interacting with 3D models of the patients’ heart to our users, as well as view the PDF reports within and outside of the company.
As an individual contributor, you will work and improve the application(s) while working closely with UX according to best practices in software development and the standards and guidance set forth by FDA and other regulated bodies.
- iOS development & SDK
- iOS design patterns and coding conventions as well as Apple's official guidelines
- Apple software development tools (XCode, Instruments, …)
- Developing, shipping and maintaining mobile applications
- Consuming RESTful JSON APIs
- Work with UI/UX to implement Storyboards for iPhone & iPad
- Applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
- Linux, Unix, and Mac OS systems
- Software development best practices, and agile methodologies
- Unit, Functional, and Black Box testing of software Applications
- Knowledge of C++ is a plus
- OpenGL is a plus
- 3D mathematics is a plus
- Android development is a plus
You are passionate about:
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- High quality software, software development and testing processes
- Taking full ownership of your work
- Speaking up when faced with problems or when you disagree
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
- Work independently with a high degree of latitude
You want to learn about:
- Mobile development in the medical space
- Mobile application for 3D rendering
- New technologies and building iterative proof of concepts
- Software engineering excellence
- Tools development to support Engineering operations
- Continuous integration & delivery of medical application
- Medical devices, FDA, and working in a regulated environment
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ year(s) of relevant work experience in a major software company, including:
- 5+ year(s) of experience in software development
- 3+ year(s) of experience in Objective-C
- 3+ year(s) of experience in iOS development
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.