Associate Editor/Editor, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
The associate editor or editor will report to an editorial director and is responsible for acquiring and editing 8-15 picture book, middle grade, and/or young adult books per year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with authors, illustrators, and agents to acquire and develop new projects, primarily in the picture book and middle grade categories, with select YA projects.
- Manage acquired books through the copyediting, design, and production process.
- Serve as in-house advocate for authors’ titles; work with publicity, design, sales, and marketing to create a cohesive publishing effort for each title.
- Generate P&Ls, acquisition memos, title fact sheets, catalog and jacket copy, etc.
- Participate in LBYR events and industry events, trade shows, etc. as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3+ years children’s book publishing experience.
- Excellent agent contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills and project management skills and a demonstrated knowledge of the book publishing process and industry trends.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through with strong attention to detail.
- Nonfiction and/or IP interest/experience a plus.