Editorial Assistant, Forever
We’re looking for someone enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the romance category to join our dynamic team at Forever, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing. In order to be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter, detailing their interest in the genre and the Forever imprint.
The Editorial Assistant is responsible for providing editorial and administrative support to the Editorial Director and an Executive Editor within the Forever team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Log, read and report on manuscripts and proposals submitted for publication
- Communicate with authors and agents about general questions, schedules, payments, etc.
- Prepare title fact sheets with key selling points and comparative titles
- Enter title data into proprietary database system and track data throughout the publishing process
- Run weekly sales reports
- Prepare edited manuscripts for transmittal to managing editorial
- Prepare deal memos, contract requests and process payments
- Prepare pre-acquisition materials, including profit-and-loss statements
- Perform administrative duties, including photocopying, meeting scheduling, mailing, expense reports, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated knowledge of the romance category and a keen eye for trends in the genre
- Minimum of 1 year of publishing experience preferred (internships ok) or other editorial work experience
- An ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and databases
- Knowledge of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Polished communication & interpersonal skills