Customer Success Manager (Predictive Analytics) - Remote, US
Customer Success Manager – Predictive Analytics
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Guidewire’s Predictive Analytics customers. This role will bring the power of the entire Guidewire organization to bear on making sure our customers are delighted with the analytical tools they have licensed from Guidewire. The Customer Success Manager will work directly with our customers and with teams across Guidewire to align how customers are using the Predictive Analytics tools with the strengths of those applications and models – with the goal of helping the client team increase their adoption of the platform and to drive renewals for the service. We expect that our customers will see their Success Manager as a trusted advisor and true partner – encouraging their teams to adopt best practices, advocating for their needs back to Guidewire product development, and helping to find new ways to derive value from their Guidewire investment. The end goal is a set of happy customers that make continuous use of the platform, that renew their subscriptions and are eager to expand the footprint of the Guidewire solutions within their organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- You have the primary ownership for driving customer adoption of the Predictive Analytics platform, renewal of the customer’s term subscription and expansion of their use of Guidewire’s Data & Analytics tools.
- You will continuously evangelize the power of Predictive Analytics within an Insurance environment. You will provide strategic guidance and strive to embed understanding of applying data-driven rigor through everyday processes at a P&C Insurance carrier.
- You will share best practices, frequent obstacles and best paths to the adoption of applying Predictive Analytics in an Insurance Organization across Pricing, Underwriting, Claims, Operations and other departments.
- You will work with your assigned customers to ensure they are achieving maximum value from their Guidewire investment, aiming for full utilization of their Predictive Analytics license and expansion of it across other products, use cases and Lines of Business.
- You will act as a coach for your customer teams to make sure that they have access to, and make use of all available Guidewire Success Services, including Education, Training, Customer Success Events, Guidewire Communities, whitepapers, datasheets, web seminars, etc.
- You will work with the overall Guidewire account team and the customer C-level team to articulate an overall business plan or roadmap that showcases the Guidewire products.
- You will develop a deep and cross-functional understanding of the key business challenges of your customers.
- You will coordinate with Guidewire Product, Sales and Marketing teams to identify common objections and their resolutions to deeper or expanded use of the Guidewire Predictive Analytics product, always highlighting business value within the context of the Customer.
- You will function as an advocate for your customers within the Guidewire organization in terms of industry practices, standardized product use cases, educational/training curriculum development and any administrative needs that are key to achieving customer success.
- You will cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders within your account portfolio and across other portfolios, by networking between customers, partners, and Guidewire.
- You will reflect on your learnings within your portfolio to build and contribute to thought leadership, best practices and industry publications.
- Deliver successful customers to the contract renewal cycle and guide the renewals process to minimize customer attrition.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience. Specifically, cross-functional P&C insurance expertise, preferably on the carrier side. Jobs like Product Management, Account Management (Direct or Agency Marketing) that allow for working with pricing, claims, underwriting, and operations departments are a plus.
- Understanding of and/or experience with how Predictive Analytics can be applied within the Insurance industry
- Strong knowledge of the P&C insurance industry trends and challenges and the fundamental economics of an insurance company
- Experience with negotiating license terms, project costs and contract review.
- Exceptional communications skills – written, verbal and non-verbal
- Demonstrated leadership and communication experience, showing the ability to define a vision, build a persuasive business case, establish personal credibility, resolve conflicting views (and personalities) and engender honest feedback and appraisal
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives or accounts simultaneously and under pressure
- Ability to travel as needed to client locations, industry events and company initiatives (33%+)
- Software sales/retention experience involving driving adoption, strategic consulting to ensure software renewal.
- Demonstrated account planning and management skills, including estimations, budgets, forecasting and coordination of multiple work streams
- Demonstrated coaching and change management experience – not just defining a plan but executing that plan successfully and adapting to obstacles or shifts in business priority
- Experience with one or more risk modeling languages or tools and high-level understanding of advanced analytics/modeling techniques in insurance.