- Develops data pipelines for traditional Data Warehousing and Big Data solutions
- Assists Data Architecture with rapid prototyping, technologies research, performance testing
- Participates in designs discussion with data architecture and system architecture to support decisions and design choices with data and experiment designs
- Collaborates with remove team members in an agile development framework – scrum, sprints
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field, MS preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies and experiment quickly
- Good knowledge of CI/CD concepts – git, Jenkins, etc.
- Several years of experience with data warehouse, analytics, ETL – exceptional command of sql in different flavors
- Very strong knowledge of data modeling in relational DBs
- Good programming skills in a high-level, general purpose programming language – java, scala, or python
- Good communication skills, ability to work effectively with remote members of the team and collaborate over long-distance
- Familiarity with big data technologies is a plus - Hadoop, spark
- Experience in a cloud infrastructure is a plus – AWS, GCP, Azure
- Generally proficient in performing data transformations via scripting, stored procedures, or an ETL framework
- Good understanding of the 4Vs of data and development strategies for accommodating them in integration
- Some experience developing and supporting all aspects of a big data cluster: Ingestion (rsync), Processing (Apache Nifi), Parsing (Java), integration (Python, Spark, Scale and PIG), data movement (SQOOP), workflow management (OOZIE and ActiveBatch), and querying (HIVE and Impala)
- Proficiency in Unix and Linux operating systems
- Capable of navigating and working effectively in a DevOps model including leveraging related technologies: Jenkins, GitLab, etc….
- Strong foundational experience with SQL
Experience and Education
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.
Gogo is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition or disability. The EEO is the law and is available here.
Gogo participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.