Overnight Help Desk Analyst - Work-from-home
About the Opportunity
This is a 100% virtual/work-from-home Help Desk position (overnight shift). You may work from your home office anywhere in the US providing support for small, medium, and enterprise business environments. GMS supports professional development and offers tons of growth opportunity and room for advancement! If you genuinely love helping others, we would love to hear from you!
If you don't enjoy helping others or can't handle the occasional caller in a panic, this might not be a great fit for you!
- Please apply only in English. While some positions are bilingual, all internal communication is in English.
- Please upload a formatted resume in Microsoft Word of PDF format, instead of using a saved resume in a job board.
Your regular activities will include:
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving Tier One and Tier Two incidents via phone, chat, remote assistance in a contact centre environment, on an overnight shift schedule;
- Creating a positive customer support experience and building strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution on escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude;
- Performing multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills to meet changing job conditions;
- Using helpdesk management tools to log/monitor/close client problems & requests according to GMS’ policy and procedures; and
- Performing administrative duties such as e-mail management and documentation.
To qualify for this role, you must have the following:
- High-level oral and written communication skills in both English;
- 2 years of experience in any one, or a blend of the following areas:
- -> Contact Centre
- -> Help Desk
- -> In-home PC repair
- -> Trainer / Instructor / One-on-one tutor or coach
- At least 1 year of experience in the following areas:
- -> Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012, including restarting server-side services, AD DS, and Print and Document Services
- -> Resolving remote access issues, including VPN
- -> Troubleshooting and restoring connectivity to the internet, network devices, and servers
- -> E-mail applications and browsers
- -> Antivirus and anti-malware applications
- -> Current versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- At least one of the following certifications: A+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA or equivalent experience with Microsoft Windows environments; and
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm.
Experience in any of the following areas would be an asset:
- High-level oral communication skills in French and/or Spanish
- IT ticketing systems and remote management tools
- Monitoring network and server event alerts in a NOC
- Exchange Server 2010 or later
- Office 365 Admin Center
- macOS and macOS applications in a standalone and Windows domain environment
- iOS, Android, Blackberry
- Cloud infrastructure
- IM clients – Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business
- Financial and CRM applications
- PC/Network Security, TCP/IP and wireless communications
You will be successful in this position if...
- You have a positive personality, enjoy helping others, and are committed to providing unparalleled customer service;
- You don't take things personally and let distressed end-users get to you, because you understand that people calling about tech problems are sometimes in a panic;
- You are skilled at multitasking and work well under limited supervision in a fast-paced virtual office environment;
- You have superior problem solving abilities;
- You enjoy variety and supporting a wide scope of issues;
- You are passionate about technology and committed to continuous learning and personal growth.
About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary or wage based on your skills and qualifications. Full-time permanent employees are also entitled to an extended health benefits package.
At Global Mentoring Solutions, we help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials, coaching, and subsidies for completing technology certification exams that are relevant to your position.
GMS thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted with next steps.