The role can be based in our headquarters (North Billerica, MA) or in our New York City office.
What is the future of interface and digital product design for children look like? How can design be used in an educational context to engage learners?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and passionate Motion Designer to create captivating learning experiences for our groundbreaking i-Ready Instruction and Practice products. Working closely with Design Directors and Creative Directors, a Motion Designer at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker responsible for designing clean and easy to use interactive student experiences, with a special eye toward what role motion plays in immersing users.
This role works across the design and user experience domains, building storyboards and wireframes, prototyping, and creating final polished publishable designs. The right candidate combines strong typography and layout design with a flair for playful interaction and sophisticated motion. She/he will relish working closely with subject matter experts, editors, product managers, and engineers to transform pedagogy and instructional materials into highly engaging student-facing experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
• Participating in concept development for interactive instruction and practice with editorial, design, animation, and development teams
• Participating as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team to the definition, planning and prioritization of user requirements; proactively identifying and solving potential problems within assigned projects throughout creative process
• Using iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to products via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes
• Developing final high-fidelity user-facing elements, including interface design, interaction design, dynamic motion design and impactful animation
• Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs
• Ensuring all media is user-focused, highly engaging, and relevant to students of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity and age
• Maintaining, updating and improving existing products
What we’re looking for:
• 3-5 years designing rich interactive and multi-media experiences for users
• Expertise in Adobe CC products (PSD, AI, Flash, AE), as well as prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Axure), Microsoft Office
• Specific expertise in dynamic motion design and animation on the web.
• A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that not only improves user experiences, but also makes them delightful
• A proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles.
• Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Outstanding information design, typographic and communication design skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration
• Proven ability to work as part of a production team in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, specifically within a software production environment (including source control, task management, bug tracking).
• A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
• Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
• A demonstrated record of previous achievement. Portfolio submission required to be considered
We’d also love to see:
• Experience in K-8 reading/math curricula
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.