UI Artist - CA Sofia
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented UI Artist to join our studio in Bulgaria, working on the award-winning Total War game series. In this role, you will be working alongside other UI artists, as well as the wider development team. You will be collaborating with Art Directors, Producers, Programmers, UX designers and Game designers. You will help design and shape the visual and interactive aspects of the game’s interface needs. This may also include UI workflow optimisations and developing new techniques for visual display and information presentation.
As a key member of the team, you will collaborate with UX designer to determine functionality and usability requirements. You will also be responsible for the design and creation of UI components (for example, menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from Visual Comps through to completed features.
Communication and teamwork are key to the success of this role. As a UI Artist on the team, you will be expected to collaborate and communicate with art directors, UX designer, game designers, producers and programmers in the creation and implementation of game UI. You will also contribute to the design of UI tools and processes. You will be thorough in your work and carry out testing of UI functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces
- Degree in relevant subject or equivalent work experience as a User Interface artist
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines
- Extensive experience with 2D art and authoring tools like Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment with ability to take on critique and feedback
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to adapt to different graphic art styles
- 3-5+ years professional experience in Visual/User Interface Art
- Experience using a game engine in a professional environment a plus• Knowledge of Total War titles
- 3D art work
- Good traditional art skills
- Experience working with After Effects
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.