Part-time Contract Receptionist
Certain Affinity looking for an experienced Part-time Contract Receptionist to support our growing business and help enhance our studio. This person will be an integral part of the Business Team and will be working directly with the Business Operations Manager. Some duties include handling front office reception, greeting guests, answering calls, and helping coordinate company events.
As the first person to receive guests and vendors, you will be the face of the company, our gatekeeper, and the main point of contact with the public. A successful candidate will be highly organized, able to initiate, prioritize, and maintain a professional demeanor.
The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative team player who pays attention to detail and brings projects to the finish line. We are seeking someone who is not afraid to ask questions and truly understand that being on the front line is critical to a successful company.
This position is scheduled for M-F Noon-6pm. (flexibility at times is appreciated)
- Take ownership of lobby upkeep and appearance, as well as other building amenities such as the parking lot, fitness room, patio, and bike storage areas
- Concierge for visitors (i.e., greet, plan onsite meals, making reservations, etc.)
- Help with conference room reservations and set up as needed for visitors and meetings
- Answer, forward, and screen phone calls as appropriate
- Provide excellent customer service
- Process shipping and receiving of packages and distribute mail to various tenants
- Be a “gatekeeper” and control access to various secure areas
- Coordinate with our security team to issue, and validate visitor access badges when required
- Work with outside vendors (i.e., restaurant delivery, FedEx, UPS, other food vendors)
- Keep conference rooms tidy and well stocked
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks assigned by your supervisor
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, accountable and self-sufficient
- Must have excellent communication, time management, and customer service skills
- Extremely resourceful with good judgment in resolving issues
- High level of interpersonal skills with ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to help others
- Acute attention to detail, excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Must be comfortable interacting with all levels, including executive staff
- Experienced in a variety of software application such as Microsoft Office and Gmail
- 3+ years of clerical or administrative experience preferred
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Previous experience working in the games or high-tech industry in a similar role
- Experience in hospitality or event planning
- G-suite experience
- Green thumb with plants
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
The contractor will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed.