3D Art Intern
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is seeking a 2D/3D Artist Intern for 3 to 6 months. In this role, you'll be working on creating game worlds, characters, weapons, and gear, and much more. This is an amazing opportunity to get hands-on working experience on AAA first- and third-person shooters under the guidance of one of the best developers in the business.
- Work closely with the Concept Art team and External Production who are creating a cast of characters, props, items, weapons, and immersive game environments and aid in organizing our
- Aid in organizing our 3D asset library and learn how industry-leading art is created.
- Translate high-level ideas into production-ready art packets.
- Maintain a high level of quality art, while providing a variety of ideas.
- Ability to develop photorealistic work.
- Recent graduate / currently enrolled in a college or university (or portfolio of quality)
- Passion for creating 3d art.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, function, and 3d perspective.
- Good basic proficiency with Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, and/or other 3D software packages
- A good understanding of 3D modeling, materials and 3D art in general
- Applications must include a cover to be considered.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Experience in FPS and/or 3rd person action-adventure game development
- Graphic design, iconography, layout skills
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
The intern/student/recent graduate will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed