Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As an Associate Animator at Certain Affinity, you’ll be part of a creative team generating highly polished in-game animations. You will assist in the design of the project by providing pre-visualization animations for gameplay elements as well as evolve and refine motion for characters, weapons, vehicles, and environmental objects.
- Work with Art Director, Lead Animator & Design team to visualize and integrate motion into a highly immersive world
- Create animations in a variety of styles, from ultra-realistic mocap based movement to highly stylized hand-keyed motion depending on the needs of the project
- Understanding and application of both keyframe and performance capture animation in a real-time environment
- Strong foundational knowledge in traditional arts, including but not limited to graphic design or illustration, life drawing, acting, and cinematography.
- Working-level understanding of the principals of motion as applied to characters, cameras, objects, and vehicles
- Solid grasp of performance requirements and constraints of current-generation console and PC development
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work within predefined styles from realistic to stylized and effectively communicate this style to the rest of a team
- Solid understanding of how animation by way of performance, staging, dynamics, timing, and pacing influences player response and feedback to help make a game fun and engaging
- Team player with the drive and initiative to deliver extremely high-quality work within performance and time restrictions
- Must be adept at time constraints and multiple priorities
- Working-level knowledge of Maya and/or Max, MotionBuilder or other 3D animation packages
- Portfolio showing off your work
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience in Unreal or Unity
- Experience in the application of motion as related to physical simulation of particles, fluids, and other related fields
- Experience with technical animation scripting or rigging
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.