Senior Core Tech Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Do you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with seasoned industry vets? Your code is efficient and adaptable, and so are you. That’s why Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our engineers. Let’s make some games together that people will be playing for years to come!
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other programmers to improve the engine and supporting tools
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Automate repetitive tasks to reduce human error and empower content creators to be creative
- Support game teams by adding features to and improving the performance of the engine
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Strong skills in C/C++, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Experience working with core game systems such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Able to learn large, unfamiliar code bases and quickly get results
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.