Senior Director of Human Resources
Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
We are looking for an experienced thought leader to shape our Human Resources and Talent Acquisition vision. You will work with the company's senior leadership team to develop and implement initiatives that attract, retain, and grow exceptional talent for our organization.
At Certain Affinity, our employees are our passion. The Senior Director of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition plays an integral role in facilitating our growth, cultivating our culture, and inspiring others to do their best work. We are looking for a strong, charismatic leader with innovative ideas and deep experience to evolve our organization.
HR Strategy – Partner with the leadership team to develop and implement a people strategy and plan that aligns with the overall business objectives.
Business Partner – Understand the business and people initiatives, collaborate with leadership to improve organizational effectiveness, organizational development, and talent management.
Culture – Design and implement practices, policies, and plans that will enhance the company's culture and embody and promote our company values.
Learning & Talent Development – Create a learning and development strategy that provides employees at all levels with a clear pathway for continuous professional growth.
Performance Management – Build overall company performance management philosophy and strategy and guide leaders across the company on organizational design and development, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, coaching, and succession planning.
Compensation & Benefits – Recommend and implement compensation and benefits strategies that are competitive, fair, and equitable across the organization.
Talent Acquisition – Guide and develop recruiting strategy and processes to effectively scale the organization and meet the hiring needs of our projects.
Diversity and Inclusion – Provide resources, leadership, and counsel regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compliance – Ensure the company consistently adheres to all city, state, province, and federal regulatory requirements related to employment and hiring practices across multiple locations domestically and internationally.
Inspiring Leader – Open and transparent expert communicator, easily connects with employees at all levels, inspires action and growth, welcomes feedback, and builds trust (High EQ)
Competent and Confident – Possesses a broad range of expertise in HR and recruiting, strong business acumen, impeccable attention to detail, high standard of output, and superior written and oral communication skills
Facilitator of Change – Helps the organization navigate through growth and change, assists others in embracing change while maintaining a level of trust and transparency across levels and functions.
Coach – Builds trusted relationships, great listener, possess strong interpersonal skills, and provides feedback and mentoring that helps others grow and become more effective in their roles.
Operationally and Technically Strong – Able to operate strategically and tactically, understands the big picture, but appreciates the importance of the details, looks for opportunities to automate and leverage technology for scale
Highly Adaptive – Ability to multitask, embrace ambiguity, solve problems in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and understand organizational dynamics and culture
Analytical – Ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and identify systematic approaches to solving complex problems and influencing change
- You have a broad range of HR, People Operations, and leadership experience preferably in technology, entertainment, or video game industry
- You have worked in both large and small companies with experience in high growth environments including expanding to multiple locations domestically and internationally
- You have a proven record of cultivating an HR/Talent Acquisition team, fostering a creative and collaborative environment for idea generation and teamwork
- You have experience leading internal and external recruiting strategies, including overseeing full life cycle recruiting processes
- You incorporate internal and external market data and trends when making decisions or implementing new programs
- You have experience integrating diversity and inclusion initiatives into existing programs, policies, and practices
- You have worked with remote teams in multiple cities, states, and countries and are familiar with national and international employment practices
- You can travel internationally
- You are proficient with computer and presentation skills in MS Office, Google Suite, and HRIS systems
- Video game industry experience
- Experience with Canadian HR and Talent Acquisition