Lead Gameplay Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer at Certain Affinity, you will lead a team of engineers with passion, focus, and drive. This role will balance hands-on programming and managing people. Learn more about the specifics below. You should be a capable programmer who can make things happen, someone with the desire and talent to help build the foundation of our blockbuster games!
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and producers to prioritize, schedule, and assign tasks to the engineering team.
- Hire and mentor less experienced engineers, providing feedback and career growth and development opportunities.
- Lead a team of engineers at a variety of experience levels.
- Turn ambiguous technical requirements into well-defined tasks that are delivered on time.
- Review technical proposals and designs
- Usher gameplay features from conception to completion
- Lead by example; 50% hands-on programming, 50% people management
- Facilitate team communication and collaboration
- Help establish and evangelize departmental processes and best practices
- Find efficient and creative solutions in existing code bases
- Be responsible for your team’s network, memory, GPU and CPU footprint
- 7+ years of professional programming experience
- 5+ years of professional experience building games
- Experience leading a team of 4 or more engineers on a shipped title.
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, and results-oriented
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Strong 3D vector and matrix math skills
- Familiar with core game systems such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Experience with network-replicated game logic
- Comfortable in large established codebases
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- One or more shipped titles
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Console experience (XB1/PS4 preferred)
- Passion for multiplayer action games
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.