Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test. As a key member of QA, you will leverage existing tech to increase the capacity, efficiency, and effectiveness of all of our test practices. A champion of quality and efficiency, you strive to improve test coverage and be a force multiplier for the QA team.
If you have experience coding and testing video games and would like the opportunity to work on industry-leading games, we’d like to hear from you!
- Drive test automation efforts across all gameplay teams.
- Collaborate with testers and programmers to deliver supporting tools for QA.
- Create and maintain functional test scripts for all areas of gameplay.
- Help define test standards for matchmaking, In-app Purchasing, and others.
- Provide development guidance on technical requirements and platform compliance.
- 3+ years of writing test automation tools.
- Strong skills in C/C++, data structures, and object-oriented design.
- Experience working with core game systems such as scripting, UI, animations and data pipelines.
- Experience creating game data visualization resources.
- Solid people and time management skills with emphasis on prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to address situations from a project impact perspective
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to simplify and resolve issues quickly
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, and results-oriented
- Waterfall and Agile development experience
- Database management experience with programs such as (JIRA, Hansoft or others)
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Radiant, Unreal, Unity, Max or Maya
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.