Senior Community Manager
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is seeking a Senior Community Manager to serve as a player advocate capable of building quality community engagement programs. You will be the voice for our product audience of players, gathering data for our development team to improve user experience and ultimately helping to ensure that even when players aren’t in the game, they still feel part of an active and vibrant community.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate with exceptional communication, editorial skills, and experience growing a brand’s presence online. Being a knowledgeable ‘expert’ about brand communications, community management, and social media is a critical requirement for this role. The ideal candidate will work closely and collaboratively with our marketing, public relations, and development teams to plan, manage, and execute cross channel campaigns. This candidate will also lead the development of creative, results-driven community marketing campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events. This role will work alongside the marketing team to drive player engagement, retention, and online acquisition.
- Act as subject matter expert in core features, mechanics, metagame, in-game promotions, target KPIs, and community sentiment
- Measure, monitor, and create detailed reports on community sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
- Represent the voice of the community in meetings with stakeholders of varying levels and job functions
- Lead the development of cross-channel community marketing campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events
- Measure, monitor, and report on marketing campaigns and engagement performance
- Work with regional community managers to gather input on regional and cultural differences to ensure campaigns are tailored to be impactful and appropriate globally
- Generate high-quality blog and social media content
- Identify, support, and act as the point of contact for community content creators, fan sites, and organizers
- Work with multiple internal teams, stakeholders, and partners to integrate key community content creators, fan sites, and organizers into campaigns
- Identify high-quality user-generated content for sharing across official channels
- Represent the company online and at events
- Coordinate with production and marketing to help plan and develop community and website features (forums, content systems, etc.)
- Deep, demonstrated experience in online community building and social media management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with brand communications, community management, and social media
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and how they can be leveraged to achieve business goals
- Strong written communications and editorial skills
- Ability to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of FPS/TPS games, it’s community and gaming communities
- Avid FPS player and fan
- Experience working within a strict brand and legal guidelines
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.