Contract Accounts Payable / Staff Accountant
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is seeking a Contract Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant to assist with day to day accounts and data administration. Responsibilities include maintaining accurate records and files, processing payments, and data entry. A successful candidate must have flexibility and a willingness to perform a variety of support tasks essential to the role. This position requires an aptitude for math, attention to detail, and familiarity with accrual accounting procedures. We are looking to hire a reliable, trustworthy, analytical and hard-working individual.
- Prepare and maintain the general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Reconciling vendor statements, researching and solving problems
- Assist in month end closing including accruals and preparation of journal entries in compliance with US GAAP
- Update various logs, financial spreadsheets and other documents
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Perform necessary account reconciliations of general ledger accounts and subledgers
- Maintains historical records, vendor and customer files
- Assist with various administrative tasks such as filing and documentation support
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports
- High degree of ethics and integrity, a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Prior experience with QuickBooks required
- 2 to 3 years of payables, bookkeeping or related experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Must maintain confidentiality
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Additional background checks may be required
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
The contractor will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed