Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Are you a designer that understands how important the UI is to a game’s brand and player experience? Do you notice – and appreciate – when a game’s style is consistent throughout a game’s UI? Does it really bother you when the texture resolution of UI elements is not pixel-accurate, or when its’ screens have terrible composition? Do you love seeing beautifully designed icons?
Certain Affinity is looking for a UI/UX Designer to help us build the best games for our co-dev partners and our internal IP teams! Be part of a multi-product UI/UX team designing gorgeous player interfaces across PC, Console, VR, and Mobile platforms.
- Design and develop icons, widgets, full-screen layouts, and immersive overlays
- Work closely with the Creative Lead to ensure all usability and experiential goals are achieved while yielding a visual design that’s harmonious with the game’s overall style
- Work with the Engineering team to export and integrate engine-ready assets and ensure the artistic vision is maintained in-game
- Participate in critiques and revise work based on feedback from team members and product stakeholders
- Manage and act as interface design point person, including taking ownership of specific project deadlines and deliverables
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and low-fidelity prototypes for design review and discussion and testing purposes
- Create a visual design and use it to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning
- Produce finished design specs for the final game user interface, including in-game UI (e.g., HUD)
- Made contributions to the UI of at least two shipped games
- A keen eye for aesthetics and graphic design
- Good analog & digital drawing skills with an ability to render in a variety of styles
- Excellent visual communication skills and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After-Effects
- Familiarity with producing multi-resolution source assets
- Ability to create animated motion-comps and develop interactive prototypes of your designs
- Demonstrate player-empathy when designing interfaces for games that may not be the type of game you would typically play
- Manage time and priorities across multiple projects in an efficient manner
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- A deep passion for games
- Skilled at developing logos, branding, and identity guidelines
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Experience with LUA, Python, C# or other programming languages
- Proficiency with Axure, Sketch, XD, UXPin, or similar enterprise-level UX tool
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.