Senior Technical Sound Designer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
While very strong sound design skills are expected, a Senior Technical Sound Designer’s focus is supporting the audio team similar to the capacity of a Sound Engineer. Heavy, complex scripting solutions that yield industry-leading, run-time audio is the focus of this role. Although not technically a programmer, some background in Computer Science is a plus.
- Design and script systems to play and mix audio at an industry-leading quality
- Create audio assets of high quality using a wide array of tools and libraries
- Act as a lead on various aspects/features of the game, and represent audio to other disciplines
- Define and document needed features for audio technology
- Work with engineers to craft solutions to challenging audio needs
- Maintain studio equipment and libraries
- 3+ shipped AAA titles
- 5+ years of directly related industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree focused on audio production and/or computer science
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Master-level understanding of interactive audio
- Ability to manage lead-level duties on the production timeline
- Can demonstrate previous work in a high-quality portfolio
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- A deep passion for games
- Has worked with Nuendo, Reaper, or Sound Forge
- Credited engineering work
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.