Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Lead Producer at Certain Affinity, you’ll help run one of our game teams. The Lead Producer will be responsible for guiding this team to deliver a high-quality product on time and budget while helping to promote a collaborative, results-oriented environment.
If you have project management and scheduling experience, are eager to make an impact, motivated to support the needs of both development teams and external partners, and are open to new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Overall production ownership on a AAA game project
- Responsible for delivering a high-quality game on time and within budget
- Collaborate with department leads to build a high-functioning team
- Cultivate and manage relationships with external partners to help ensure a good cross-studio environment
- Motivate and maintain creativity and cohesion within that team
- Work with department leads to maintain long-term project plan
- Create and foster daily team practices and process to make sure the long-term plan is on track
- Facilitate team communication, ensure timely dissemination of information to the team and company overall
- Communicate project development status to senior management and business team
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance department for product testing cycles, including usability testing
- At least 7+ years of project management experience in game development
- Shipped at least two AAA console titles in a Senior Producer or Lead Producer role
- Experience building high functioning, quality-driven teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, and scheduling skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask across disciplines, assess risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Deep knowledge of game development – team dynamics, common development hurdles, game engines, development milestones, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one bug tracking software solution and MS Office
- Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Works well within an open, highly collaborative environment
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for video games
- Experience with online multiplayer games and/or FPS titles
- Familiarity with Agile and other traditional project management methodologies
- Hands-on development experience in any development area – art, design, programming, QA, etc.
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.