Associate IT Systems Support Analyst
Want to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, is opening a second location in Toronto, Canada — and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to collaborate with our Austin studio. Together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual with experience in desktop support and light system administration to fill an Associate IT Systems Support Analyst position.
- Provide first-tier support to end-users, escalates more complex problems when appropriate
- Respond to assigned help desk tickets, supports and troubleshoots technical request
- Installation and support of workstations, servers, and other studio equipment
- Installation and support of operating systems and application software
- Imaging of workstations that include operating systems and other development tools and software.
- Recommend, schedule and perform PC hardware upgrades when required
- Route unresolved issues to appropriate team members for further investigation and resolution
- Support development and implementation of new projects and installations
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all studio hardware and software
- Empower end-users by training and educating while supporting them
- Coordinate and perform office moves
- Various system administration responsibilities as the studio
- Possess a 2-year degree or have equivalent work-related experience.
- 3-5 years of directly related helpdesk experience
- Experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux systems – software and hardware
- Fundamental understanding of networking principles
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to respond to user requests
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a dynamic environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be prepared for occasional work hours at night and on weekends
- Be available to respond to security alarms and other urgent facilities issues
- Game industry experience
- Facilities support experience