Contract Associate Producer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is currently hiring a Contract Associate Producer to complement our production team. This person will be responsible for working with design, art, production, and engineering leads in order to deliver features and content on time and to a level of quality that will thrill our clients and our users.
- Assist the Production staff in all areas related to the development process
- Help track and maintain all production schedules
- Work closely with senior producers and/or the executive producer, assisting in the design, development, and execution of AAA games in a variety of genres while championing high product quality and consumer experience
- Facilitate team communication, ensure timely dissemination of information
- Coordinates with the Quality Control department for product testing cycles
- Prepare and facilitate communications of the project process, changes, and issues to upper management, game developers, art designers, and other related internal departments.
- Organize information and find ways to structure multiple pieces of information on a Wiki
- Take ownership for every interaction and has the initiative to provide the best possible approach to each situation
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and scheduling skills
- Familiarity with traditional project management methodologies, particularly, how to manage various disciplines with client-driven milestones
- Managed one or more functional responsibilities for a game product as directed by a Producer, ensuring all product goals related to that function are met on a timely basis;
- Writing – you will need to use strong writing skills to make any translation readable and understandable, while not losing any significant concepts or essential details. Strong grammar, spelling, and writing skills are necessary to adequately convey the critical material of any translated messages.
- Working knowledge of Confluence and MS Office
- Motivated / self-starter
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Works well within a highly collaborative environment
- Shipped at least one AAA title on PC
- College degree in related field preferred such as Computer Science, Computer Graphic Art, or Business Management
- Hands-on development experience in any area – art, design, programming, QA, etc.
- Experience working with JIRA
- Familiarity with Agile and other traditional project management methodologies
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
The contractor will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed