At CapinCrouse, we are dedicated to:
- Passion for excellence, competence, and integrity
- Empowering and equipping staff
- Nurturing staff and respecting the dignity of the family
- Valuing the thoughts, opinions, and ministry of our clients and one another.
The caliber of our clients and our high standards for how we serve them requires that we be highly selective in our recruiting process. We look for the best and brightest and then invest the time, technology, and resources that result in long-term success for both the firm and our people. We ask our employees to provide a high level of professional assurance service to CapinCrouse’s clients and be a proactive member of the practice office and firm
- Responsible for preparing and managing various client Form 990 tax returns; including, but not limited to, moderately complex tax engagements, effective communication with clients and in-charges so that clients receive excellent, timely service. This includes day-to-day oversight of tax returns and consulting projects and communicating with clients on a one-on-one basis.
- Work with in-charges to provide guidance to help clients maintain compliance with tax and compliance issues.
- Prepare Form 990 Series and other tax returns.
- Supervise the work of Associate accountants.
- Assist in-charges in Coordinating projects, budget time and expenses, and monitor actual performance against budgets.
- Build and maintain a proactive, professional relationship with clients for assigned engagements.
- Continue professional development efforts through an intentional growth plan, with a special focus on the NPO organizations and corresponding tax issues and trends.
- Help Associates develop professionally through on-the-job coaching and intentional training.
- Display integrity and professional behavior consistent with CapinCrouse’s focus, vision, mission, and core values.
- Respectfully act consistent with client values.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or a related finance degree
- 1-3 years of related tax or applicable business experience (Experience in public accounting is preferred.)
- CPA certification is preferred; drive to obtain CPA certification upon hire
- Reputation of integrity, even in conflictive situations
- Ability to produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective communicator as it relates to relationships with in-charges regarding workflow, client needs and timelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (required), Citrix and ProSystem (desired)
- Ability to build and maintain open and trusting relationships
- Ability to work in teams, whether as member or leader
- Ability to motivate him/herself to grow professionally and serve with excellence
- Ability to assume responsibility for projects, complete them within agreed upon time and resources, and be an active learner
- Ability to recognize, anticipate and resolve tax issues; makes recommendations
- Have willingness to travel as necessary
- An extremely competitive compensation package with all the benefits you would expect from a national leader
- The ability to work with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the business and the opportunity to work with clients who are making a real difference in our community, our country, and our world
- State-of-the-art technology to give you the professional tools necessary to be your best, including a paperless platform
- A strong onboarding experience, working directly with an in-charge to be adequately prepared to thrive in a new working environment; including but not limited to, training on tax preparation and audit software platforms, firm best practices and quality control procedures
- Firm-sponsored professional memberships