Postdoctoral Fellow - Center for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science of Aging
The Center for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science of Aging (CADSA) at the Buck Institute has an opening for a Machine Learning Postdoctoral Fellow. The proposed work will support research programs in aging and age-related disease. The goal of the CADSA is to catalyze data-enabled science and advance current knowledge on interventions and therapeutics to extend healthspan.
- Process, integrate and analyze in-house and public domain data from various independent platforms (proteomics, genomics, pheomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics, microbiome, wearables/behavioromics).
- Develop statistical methods for data integration.
- Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint projects.
- Contribute to writing research grants.
- Disseminate research findings via publications, research seminars, etc.
- Contribute to developing new models, techniques and methods for the use of public sets of biological data and health records.
- Guide and support other Buck staff and students who may require assistance with their research.
- Deep interest for the science of aging with particular focus on the identification of interventions and therapeutics to extend human healthspan
- PhD or equivalent experience in Bioinformatics, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Significant experience with data science; specifically integration of multi-omics data (desired, not required)
- Proven experience with application of machine learning
- Proven experience in SQL databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Demonstrated experience in python and R; database development, maintaining & sharing code repositories (github, Jupyter, etc.)
- Research experience as demonstrated through publications
- Talent for technology, translational medicine and knowledge transfer
- Ability to work in a heterogeneous environment of Biologists, Bioinformaticians, and Computer Scientists
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work and think independently
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Aptitude for international collaborations
Our success will ultimately change healthcare. At the Buck, we aim to end the threat of age-related diseases for this and future generations by bringing together the most capable and passionate scientists from a broad range of disciplines to identify and impede the ways in which we age. We are an independent, nonprofit institution located in Marin County, CA, with the goal of increasing human healthspan, or the healthy years of life. Globally recognized as the pioneer and leader in efforts to target aging—the number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, macular degeneration, heart disease, and diabetes—the Buck seeks to help people live better longer. Learn more at: https://buckinstitute.org.
This posting will remain open until position is filled. This is a full time, 2-year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based on satisfactory job performance, availability of funds and operational needs.
Competitive salary starting at $85,000 per year. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with 5% match and profit sharing after one year. Collaborative work environment. Generous PTO. Work will be primarily performed at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging in Novato, CA.
Click on the apply button to submit your CV. Additionally, please send 2 reference letters to Mary Redwine (firstname.lastname@example.org).