Network IB World Language Coordinator K-12 (Internal Role)
Under the general direction of Treehouse Teaching and Learning , this Central Office leadership position works to lead the K-12 IB Vision for educators across the network. This position is specifically designed to aid in:
- Developing a draft vision and guiding principles for world language education at BPCS;
- reviewing our planned and enacted curriculum, particularly in grades 6-12;
- reviewing updated city, state, and IB standards documents;
- developing a scope & sequence for grades 6-12, along with a timeline and plan for rolling out any changes;
- additional curriculum alignment work as time permits.
- Cultivating a “cohort” of world language
Resource Management (As necessary)
- Request new materials in order to provide instructional support to teachers in their attempts to meet K-12 IB World Language curricular outcomes.
- Manage budget for any sessions through the school year (2-3 maximum over the year)
- Calendaring of Vision Meetings
- During year 2x in person (on network PD Days);
- During PD Time (quarterly - virtual - arranged through Principals)
- IB WL Vision Statement
- K-12 Guiding principles/beliefs
- Standards Alignment
- Grounded in Best Practice/Research in Arts
- E.g. What does the rigor bar look like?
- K-12 skills progression
- K-12th IB Scope and Sequence
- WL Assessment Placement Design and Recommendations