Content and Education Specialist (BuzzSumo) - Brighton
Team is at the core of BuzzSumo’s success. A lean, efficient, fun and committed group within Brandwatch, BuzzSumo employees work in several locations around the world to develop and maintain the world’s leading content marketing platform.
BuzzSumo’s crisp, clear interface makes sophisticated data insights available in a self-serve format for more than 3000 paying customers, including best in class brands such as Buzzfeed, Ogilvy, Pfizer, Condé Nast, Expedia, and IBM. Our excellent and attentive support staff increasingly direct clients to a variety of published resources
With rapid, worldwide growth, we are hiring a Content and Education Specialist to help our team deliver existing training and write helpful, engaging new materials for our self-serve education hub. The Content and Education Specialist has the opportunity to significantly impact the experience of thousands of valuable customers, to increase product adoption and as a result grow revenue in this small, hardworking team by extending customer lifetime value. As our customer base grows, there will be many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and drive new initiatives in our friendly startup company.
- Become an expert in the BuzzSumo platform, developing a concise (and growing!) mental catalog of all the ways a customer can use BuzzSumo.
- Help develop the education hub, translating elite BuzzSumo knowledge into easy to understand support documents, case studies and webinars.
- Schedule and deliver webinars, beginning with our standard overview demos, then moving into product focused sessions.
- Support customers. A hallmark of BuzzSumo is the team approach to customer service. Everyone, from the founders to the newest hire, own conversations with customers.
- Be part of both the marketing and customer success teams.
You’ll also get to:
- Travel to team meetings as needed (last year we met in London, New York, and Orlando).
- Train new staff and answer their questions with your encyclopedic knowledge of the platform
- Develop other marketing and education materials--the sky is the limit: video, audio, blog posts, research. We like it all, and we make it ourselves!
A good fit for this role will be:
- A brilliant communicator - in writing, in person, you’re great at breaking things down and telling stories
- An on-the-fly problem solver
- Fearless about learning
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Able to set goals and execute on projects independently
Required skills and experience:
- Superior writing ability, with proven skill in creating strong, easy-to-understand narratives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- This is a deal breaker. Please submit 3-5 samples of published writing.
- We’d also like to hear from someone on a team you’ve worked with. At BuzzSumo, everyone gets edited, and we need to know that you are able to incorporate constructive comments into your writing.
- Demonstrable presentation skills and the ability to lead a positive, productive session in person and/or virtually via web conference (Send us your clips!)
- An understanding of the business value of content marketing
- Fluent in English (additional languages beneficial)
Icing on the cake would be:
- Experience using BuzzSumo
- Previously held a role as a content marketer
- Ability in providing training for SAAS platforms, developing/teaching online courses
- Experience delivering remote training sessions via virtual meeting services such as GoToMeeting, Zoom, or Skype
- Experience using Intercom for client support
- Demonstrable video editing skills
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: The Content and Education Specialist will join the Brighton-based team of Brandwatch, our parent company. Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the North Laine in our contemporary offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi days, flexible working spaces, weekly massages and if you’re lucky we'll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.